Thursday, August 6, 2009

mom of course

Dear Mom, June 10, 2009

Are you still there? Do you see what I made? On April 25, 2009 he was born and he reminds me so much of you. That’s what he’s a he! So far he still has your blue eyes and I pray everyday that he keeps them. I often wonder if he can see you, if he knows who you are. I wonder if you can see us. I thank God everyday for giving me a mom like you. Chase is going to be one amazing boy because his grandma taught his mom how to be a great mom. I pray everyday that I will be able to follow in your footsteps and be half the mom you were. I promise that Chase will know what a home made grocery store, library, and hair salon is. He’ll know Barbie’s and Lego’s, Hockey and Dance. He’ll know that at any hour of the day he came come to me with anything and we’ll sit together for hours on the kitchen floor drinking tea. He’ll know Dr Seus and Robert Munch and he’ll know that someday when he brings home a girl I’ll only grill her a little bit. He’ll get pyjamas on Christmas Eve and then we’ll go see the lights. He will know every day just how special he is and that I will love him no matter what. He will know all these things because I know them all because of you.

Love always, Alana
xox

Alana Bender, July 17, 2009

No comments: