Sunday, December 16, 2007

Why Old Soul?

The Urban Dictionary describes an Old Soul as, "A spiritual person whom is wise beyond their years; people of strong emotional stability. Basically, someone whom has more understanding of the world around them.

So, how come I call my blog "An Old Soul's Relections?"

The reason for this dates back to when I was born. My mom's mom, whom I called Nanny looked into my eyes and said to my mom, "this baby has an Old Soul." When my mom asked what an Old Soul was, my Nanny simply replied, "this baby will be wise beyond her years,"

Growing up I always wanted to be older. I never understood some of the things people my age were into. I looked up to adults and found conversations with them to be more stimulating. When I was only in grad three and my Nanny was dying, my mom came home to comfort me and instead I held her and said, "it's OK mom, now my younger cousin has someone to take care of him in heaven." Never did I shed a tear while I was making sure my mom was OK.

Even now I see friends still into the partying and the getting drunk. And I ask myself, "why?". All I want is to grow up and start my life: have my own home, family, etc.

So, I ask myself was my nanny right, many years ago. Do I have an Old Soul or is it really something else?

No comments: