Tuesday, March 11, 2008

How do you say goodbye to someone who wasn't only your room mate, but your best friend and most importantly your mother?



Recently my mom passed away and I had to say goodbye to her. It was the hardest thing I have had to do in my life. Watching her lay there, breathing with life support as her only aid, I told her, "this is goodnight not goodbye." I also promised her that "i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my mommy you'll be." Hoping that by some miracle she'd wake up, or that I would wake up and it would all be a dream. But it wasn't and it isn't. She is never going to wake up and I'm never going to wake up from this nightmare.


This nightmare conitnues daily as I think about all the amazing times we've had together. I keep waiting for her 20 phone calls a day and they never come... and realizing that they will never come again I cry. And realising that she'll never be there to dry another tear from my eye I cry again.

Weddings and children don't seem as important anymore. How do I get married without her there to help me shop for the dress, the shoes, invitations, etc? How do I have children without her there to teach me how to take care of them?

I don't know what do do without her...nobody has the answers... it hurts so much!!! How do i live without her?

No comments: